MM&A leverages export marketing and sales as one measure to enhance their clients’ top line results: increased qualified leads, increased sales, and enhanced, long‑term, company value.
MM&A brings to the industry a unique approach engaging with, supporting and advising clients at each stage of strategic planning – research, design, implementation and assessment.
Bolstering the activities of current Marketing and Sales departments and/or taking the lead in implementing critical export marketing and sales support activities, MM&A serves clients who are actively:
- exploring the potential of their products outside Nova Scotia
- expanding their export sales
- commercializing a new, market-ready innovation or technology
- maximizing international sales, distribution, representation structure, and subsequent return
- diversifying efforts and advancing new business opportunities on an international scale
- enhancing existing international customer relationships.
MM&A is Unique
The success of MM&A is largely the result of a principled project management approach.
- Work closely with the management team throughout the entire process. Limit surprise. Each group must know what the other is doing.
- Provide regular and clear communication when requesting input and providing updates. Assess and develop a functional communication strategy.
- Respectfully challenge management in their assumptions and beliefs regarding export practices and opportunities. Always ask the tough questions. Objective and candid always proves effective in taking business to the next level.
- Define action lists. Agree on timetables and schedule check-ins. Implement a stop-gate approach, whereby a specific time line or stage is identified as a point to stop, assess new information, and determine whether to continue on course or alter course.
- Offer flexible compensation plans. Work on a project‑by‑project basis, ongoing retainer, and a percentage of incremental results realized.
- Stay accountable to the goals, strategies, timetables and other planning in order to meet targets.
Why choose MM&A for your Export Strategy
Perhaps you share similar goals to those of business owners choosing MM&A for assistance in the world of export.
- You want to improve your business’ top line performance - now!
- You want to work with people who boast a successful track record.
- At this stage of your business, it is not economical - nor efficient - to hire full-time, export marketing and sales management.
- You want to avoid the mistakes and pitfalls most companies – also new to exporting – inevitably make.
- You do not want to infringe on the resources dedicated to your core domestic business
- It makes sense for your company to augment the resources of your existing marketing and/or sales department.
- You need that catalyst to make exporting a reality, sooner than later.
- You know diversifying your market and client base adds value, should you ever wish to sell your business.
How We Work and What You Can Expect
At MM&A, we develop - and build on - strategies and processes that work. Communication among project stakeholders - both at the client end and at our end - is vital. While we are open to alternate arrangements, we do have a suggested schedule to start.
- Hold initial one-hour interviews with Senior Management to identify and discuss any export market research or activities undertaken to date as well as goals for the future.
- Present follow-up summary of project expectations and accompanying proposal.
- Explore and discuss available funding sources and strategies to obtain said funding.
- Discuss preliminary engagement fee to prepare government-funding application.
- Complete skeletal Business Plan or Export Plan including the preparation of all relevant government funding applications and collection of all supporting documentation.
- Finalize engagement contract.
- Develop Project Management Guidelines including a communication strategy.
- Conduct an initial half-day Export Business Audit or Learning Session with relevant company personnel.
- Conduct relevant research methodology per agreed upon in the engagement contract
- Define goals, assess required human and financial resources, identify action items and expected results; design measurements of success.
- Begin implementation
We provide the tools and systems to execute the export strategy plan. You provide us with quarterly financial reporting to measure export results.
Call Now for a free 1 hour consultation on how we may be able to assist you in your export development.
Call: Barry MacLeod at (902) 218.8301 Email: email@example.com
Maurice (Moe) Muise at (902) 456.6473 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org